Mobile Enquiry Office Advisor
£20,619 - £22,833
Do you consider yourself to be a self-starter with a responsive and professional approach? Have the ability to influence and negotiate with people face to face and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a mobile Enquiry Office Advisor, initially on a 6 month contract. This is an exciting and varied role as the successful candidate will be the first port of call to provide cover across all 24 Avon and Somerset enquiry offices. You will need to be able to respond to changes in working location and / or shift times, sometimes at short notice.
Working as the first point of contact for members of the public who visit the police station or get in touch with us via the website, our team manage conflict and help vulnerable members of the public. You will take details of crimes reported ranging lost and found property, firearms surrender through to police / court bail notifications.
Every person that works for us, is in some way supporting and serving the community we represent. Every day brings you new challenges and decision making. If you can demonstrate that you are people focused with exceptional interpersonal skills, have good IT literacy and hold an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service, then we would like to hear from you.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- To respond to and manage face to face service demands and enquiries from the public. You will be the first point of contact and will be able to diffuse potentially volatile situations (both verbal and sometimes physical aggression) and escalate for police intervention in emergency situations.
- Support vulnerable members of the public, including victims of crime sensitively and confidentially.
- Respond to, research and resolve enquiries from the public via force mailboxes and evaluate enquiries received and determine next steps.
- Using knowledge of legislation and force policy, provide advice, information and/or resolve enquiries, ensuring that customer expectations are managed in a timely manner. Record all relevant information accurately onto Constabulary electronic and manual systems.
- Provide a range of administrative activities to support local policing and contribute to the overall management of operational demand.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Have good experience of using Microsoft Office products and computer skills to intermediate level. Training will be provided in other relevant police IT systems;
- Hold an NVQ level 2 in Customer Service (or relevant qualifications) and/or relevant experience of working in a customer services and administrative environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required along with the skills to influence and negotiate with people face to face. This requires a reassuring and concerned approach.
- To be able to prioritise own work and deal with changing demands, together with experience of working unsupervised.
- Experience of applying logical thought processes and judgement and apply procedures and policies when making decisions.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
This vacancy is closed to applications.