£20,619 - £22,833
Are you an organised, reliable and a proactive person? If so, we are looking for a Personal Assistant (PA) to join us at Avon & Somerset Constabulary.
The successful candidate will be working in a very friendly environment, where no two days are the same.
As a Personal Assistant to the Senior Leaders within the Constabulary, you will be ensuring the smooth running of the Senior Leader Team, together with providing an efficient and confidential service to our leaders.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and prioritise Senior Leaders’ emails, ensuring urgent matters are brought to their attention and progressing matters on their behalf where appropriate.
- Plan and organise meetings for Senior Leaders inclusive of attending to ensure appropriate facilities, draft minutes and actions and follow up on behalf of their Principal(s)
- Act as first point of contact to the Senior Leadership Team/Directorate, answering telephone calls and queries, responding appropriately, taking messages and proactively referring as necessary.
- Proactively co-ordinate with colleagues ensuring consistency of service and to fulfil Constabulary expectations.
- Prepare communication/correspondence on behalf of the Principal(s) and their Portfolio using appropriate methods and checks;
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a wide range of internal and external parties
- Previous administration experience
- Experience of arranging and preparing for meetings
- Experience of managing flexible and competing workloads
- Experience of performing a secretarial and/or personal support function
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.
This vacancy is closed to applications.