Designing Out Crime Officer
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£31,434 - £33,348
Are you a motivated individual with the ability to use your own initiative?
Do you have a good understanding of planning policy and procedure?
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Designing Out Crime Officer to join our small, highly experienced and supportive Neighbourhood team.
In this role you will support the implementation of crime prevention through managing planning applications and supporting crime reduction initiatives. You will be liaising with architects and developers to look at areas in which crime prevention through environmental design should be addressed including the submission of structured and professional reports to the relevant planning authority.
You will be liaising with internal stakeholders to provide guidance on crime reduction, and influencing Local Authorities with accordance to legislation and procedure to meet local needs in relation to minimising crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
You will be required to undertake two qualifications; Level 4 Crime Reduction ProQual and Level 5 Designing Out Crime ProQual through the Police Crime Prevention Academy. This will enable you to become accredited and use innovative and specialist methods to prevent and reduce crime.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Representing the force at relevant planning meetings/case conferences including being an expert witness at planning committees in relation to safety and security referrals
- Attending national meetings to discuss current crime trends, new initiatives and national issues around current legislation and security standards
- Identifying developments to publicly accessible locations and refer to appropriate counter-terrorism support team in accordance with agreed protocols
- Preventing repeat victimisation in commercial and high value burglaries using College of Policing best practice
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Good awareness and understanding of planning policy and planning procedures along with specialist knowledge of security standards
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build working relationships to carry out high level discussions with architects and external partners
- Willingness to undertake Level 4 Crime Reduction Officer ProQual and Level 5 Designing Out Crime ProQual with commitment to ongoing continual professional development
Please note interviews are expected to take place Thursday 27th and Friday 28th October 2022.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.