Evidence and Stores Driver
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£21,432 - £22,677
Are you a driver looking for a new challenge?
How about joining us at Avon and Somerset Constabulary as an Evidence and Stores Driver?
You will become part of our Stores team who play a key part in supporting operational policing. Your role is a vital one as you will be providing a delivery and collection service for evidential exhibits and stores items to and from stations and policing sites throughout the force area of operations.
You will be supporting investigations that keep the communities of Avon and Somerset safe.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Ensuring the security and continuity of vehicle loads and contents whilst in transit and ensure that all deliveries are safely secured at point of receipt or despatch
- Updating records using the Force IT systems
- Loading and unloading vehicles at delivery and storage locations
- Carrying out daily checks to ensure force vehicles are roadworthy
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:-
- A full driving licence with the ability to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a confidential environment and an understanding of data protection principles
- Experience of manual handling techniques and safe working practices for lifting and movement of heavy items
- Experience of storing and dealing with valuables/property
What we can offer you:
How we reward you is linked to our culture, it’s about more than just salary.
You will have access to a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits to support whatever stage of life you're in, including:
- Comprehensive training programme to carry out the role with continuing professional development
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Health Assured Employee Assistance scheme offering 24 hr help through counselling services, legal advice, fitness advice, personal coaching and health assessment
- Staff benefits including discounts on shopping, days out, sporting events, holidays
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
In order to apply you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click on the blue button below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.