Digital Content Manager
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£39,942 - £43,254
Avon and Somerset Police are looking for a Content Strategy Team Lead to further our work in offering a pioneering digital service to the public and our employees. This is an exciting opportunity to influence and shape our communication channels and play a big part in how we continually evolve our police IT systems.
You may already be working as a Content Manager, Content Lead, Senior Content Strategist, Website/Intranet Manager, and are looking for a new opportunity where you can make a difference.
You will be responsible for creating a best-in-class digital content strategy for our website, staff intranet, online forms and Microsoft O365 support. You will play a key role in helping us unlock process improvement opportunities and deliver high value digital transactions.
We see digital as being about people, not technology, so we are looking for a user champion who is focussed on solving problems for our customers.
Based in Portishead, we offer a modern workspace but are happy to offer hybrid working. Ideally you will be based in the South West and are able to attend the office a few times per month.
- Align the website with the organisation’s brand, strategy and standards.
- Lead and manage a team of Content Designers to produce clear and informative digital content.
- Review, adapt and update the information architecture of both the website and intranet, tasking the Content Designers to make any necessary changes.
- Ensure the website and intranet meet the needs of the organisation through regular assessment of industry trends and effective user-centred design.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership Teams across the organisation to ensure the website, intranet and other enabling products support wider organisational strategies.
- Manage and maintain forms for digital transactions on the public website and intranet, ensuring they are focused on user-centred design and process efficiency.
- Create, review and analyse a structured feedback mechanism, including citizen and employee behaviour and user feedback.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:-
- Prior experience of managing content to a high standard on websites and/or on intranets.
- Experience of managing and developing a content team.
- A solid understanding of web best practices, on-page and technical Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), accessibility and user journeys.
- Experience of building and developing information architecture for websites and/or intranets.
- Ability to identify, interpret, and solve users’ digital needs.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting web analytics in order to make data-led decisions.
- Comfortable negotiating with and influencing people at all levels of the organisation, and presenting ideas to a range of audiences.
We are looking for an experienced content professional, who’s passionate about what they can do and keen to make a difference in a complex, exciting and uniquely interesting environment.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.