This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£25,758 - £27,690
Are you looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same and where you can make a real difference?
Are you an organised, reliable and proactive person looking to contribute towards the Force’s vision to provide outstanding policing for everyone? Do you uphold the Force’s values to be caring, courageous, inclusive and encourage learning?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a confident and enthusiastic individual to join our Investigations team. As a Review Officer you will review and refer cases that may require a multi-agency case review (Child Safeguarding Practice Review, Domestic Homicide Review or Safeguarding Adult Review), research police contact with relevant parties and maintain an oversight on actions required for each multi-agency case reviews.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated individual, with excellent attention to detail and can interact with numerous internal departments across all Force directorates and also Partner agencies. This vacancy will involve working alongside a full time Review Officer already in post.
Your duties will include:
- To scan internal reports, identify cases that meet the criteria for a multi-agency case review (Child Safeguarding Practice Review, Domestic Homicide Review or Safeguarding Adult Review) and make referrals to partners agencies.
- To research police systems and collate information to provide high quality reports within stipulated deadlines for multi-agency case reviews.
- To disseminate the learning from reviews to the relevant senior leaders so they can integrate learning into working practices and Force Policies as appropriate.
- To update the case review spreadsheet and ensure outstanding actions for reviews are being progressed.
- To co-ordinate Force representation on multi-agency reviews as required.
- To manage the team inbox and respond to queries relating to multi-agency case reviews, ensuring all records are updated in a timely manner.
What do you need?
- Computer literate and experience of updating and interrogating databases.
- Experience of dealing with matters and information of a confidential nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing.
- Experience of carrying out research and analysing information.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience of multi-agency working / working with partner agencies
We can be flexible regarding the working days, however they need to be two consecutive days within Monday to Friday. Working 7.5 hours per day.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held on Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd November.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.