Crime Prevention Design Advisor
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£24,576 - £26,565
Do you have a working knowledge of planning applications? We are recruiting a Crime Prevention Design Advisor to join a strong, knowledgeable team who make a real difference to the people of Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Your time will be split between making sure that planning applications are secured by design; making sure that future developments, green spaces & car parks are designed in a way that protect vulnerable places and people. In the remainder of your time you will have the opportunity to get out and about to give crime prevention advice to make existing buildings and areas safer.
During your first year you will attend Crime Reduction Course and Architectural Liaison Course enabling you to become accredited and use innovative and specialist methods to prevent and reduce crime.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Examine planning applications, on behalf of the Area, in order to identify and coordinate crime reduction opportunities within local development
- Work in partnership with relevant Local Authorities, Planners and Architects to promote crime prevention through environmental design
- Support Neighbourhood Policing through the development and implementation of problem solving solutions to reduce crime and the fear of crime
- Provide a pivotal role in the performance of the Local Policing Area through delivery of robust crime reduction measures that impact on Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Establish links and disseminate crime reduction information to communities through Neighbourhood Watch, Key Individual Networks, Policing Teams and Community groups.
- Undertake and manage initiatives and projects that improve crime reduction opportunities ensuring a quality of service delivery to the public
- To effectively market and manage crime reduction campaigns or initiatives including the use of appropriate literature aimed at developing mid and long term solutions to vulnerable locations and crime hot-spots.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- You are computer literate
- You have experience of working with different departments / external agencies / organisations
- You have experience of implementing new initiatives
- You have a good working knowledge of planning applications
- You have experience of project work
- A knowledge of the Town and Country Planning Act is desirable
- You should ideally hold a full current driving licence or be able to travel around the force area using alternative transport.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Working pattern: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Work on a bank or public holiday as part of the normal working week will be compensated in line with conditions of service.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.