Improvement and Assurance Manager
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£39,183 - £42,597
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join our Performance and Assurance Department within the Directorate of the Chief of Staff.
As part of the senior leadership team you will work closely with colleagues and the wider team to help support and drive our own performance and maturity as a department, whilst leading and managing a team of 10 multi-talented Improvement and Assurance Officers.
Ensuring that the organisation is able to make evidence based decisions, you will ensure key performance and assurance activities are identified and delivered. You will also service requests from across the organisation by delivering high quality products that will drive improvement activity to take us on our journey to 'outstanding'.
Working with the force's vulnerability lead you will work collaboratively with business leads from both operational departments and enabling functions to drive the strategic development of the force's response to vulnerability in relation to the National Vulnerability Action Plan.
If you're looking for a varied role that delivers tangible change to the public, officers and staff you won't want to miss this opportunity.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
• Leading, coordinating and overseeing the delivery of key performance, improvement and assurance activities, in line with strategic objectives and values. Ensuring the successful delivery of activities in line with wider departmental and force level activities.
• Advising and providing consultancy to senior leaders relating to activity that could be undertaken to provide assurance for their goals and objectives.
• Working closely with colleagues within the directorate to develop, deliver and support improvement initiatives and activities; along with strategic planning and undertaking assurance activities.
• Ensuring the efficient and effective management of the IAO team, including the overall responsibility for wellbeing, development and performance issues.
• Planning and undertaking high quality improvement and assurance activities that support the organisations key performance framework and meet statutory requirements, working closely with other capabilities within the Directorate.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• Be proactive and self-motivated with the proven ability to work effectively within a face-paced environment under minimal supervision.
• Management/supervisory experience including managing and influencing beyond formal reporting lines.
• Experience of negotiating and influencing key internal and external stakeholders at a senior level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex issues to a range of audiences.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to prepare and present reports and management information taking an evidence-based approach.
• Experience in strategy development, planning and continuous improvement activity within a complex organisation.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.