This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£39,183 - £42,597
We are recruiting for an Improvement Consultant to join our Performance and Assurance Department within the new Directorate of the Chief of Staff. In this role you will work closely with Senior Leaders to provide consultancy at a corporate level to support strategic improvement initiatives and deliver their effective implementation.
Working across both operational departments and enabling functions, you will use a range of consultancy tools and techniques to elicit improvement activities in line with the force's performance framework. You will support business leads to report on key performance priorities; shape current and future operating; and act as a catalyst for change and new ways of working.
As a small team of just 8 we pride ourselves on being supportive and approachable for all members of the team, believing that by working together across our capabilities we can achieve much more. You will work collaboratively with other teams within the department and wider organisation to deliver tangible change that will take us on our journey to 'outstanding.'
In return you will be part of a skilled and multi-talented department that values creativity and diversity, and provides opportunities for continuous professional development.
If you want to be part of a dynamic and progressive team at the centre of organisational change and performance then this is the role for you.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
• Leading on the delivery and/or support of complex improvement initiatives at corporate, directorate and departmental levels.
• Using a range of consultancy tools and techniques to elicit and analyse risks and opportunities and act as a catalyst of change and provide a pipeline of potential improvement initiatives.
• Developing and implementing mechanisms to assess and evaluate the internal operating environment by working closely with the Business Improvement department’s intelligence and evidence functions to influence strategy and change.
• Supporting the Business Change Sponsors to shape the blueprints/future operating model design blueprints and to prepare their sections of the organisation for transition to new ways of working.
• Developing and implementing mechanisms to scan the external operating environment and future horizon in order to influence and support the development of scenario planning, strategy and change.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• Proven experience in the field of strategy organisational development and change within a complex organisation.
• Experience of applying consultancy skills, tools and techniques.
• Experience of establishing and developing corporate and department level strategic plans.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Effective and versatile verbal and written communication skills.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.