Identification Officer (Designated)
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£31,434 - £33,348
Are you good at working under pressure with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines? We are looking for an Identification Officer to join a small supportive & friendly team.
You will be organising and conducting video identification parades with suspects, witnesses and victims.
You don’t need any specific police background, you just need to be approachable and willing to learn, grow and adapt.
You can make a real difference to the communities of Avon and Somerset Constabulary by ensuring that offenders are brought to justice and that innocent people are cleared.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- As directed, to arrange, prepare and conduct video identification procedures/ parades, group identifications and confrontations.
- To capture the image of suspects and to conduct the selection of volunteers for video identification in conjunction with suspects and/or their solicitors.
- As directed, to advise officers and other colleagues on all matters pertaining to the identification of suspects.
- To respond to queries from solicitors or members of the public regarding identification issues.
- To assist the Unit Officer in maintaining an accurate and secure filing system plus the ID Booking diary
- To give, as necessary, evidence at Court.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- You must be computer literate, with experience of using a range of computer packages
- You have previous administration experience including filing and updating records
- You must have experience of liaising with a wide range of people both over the phone and in person
- You have previous experience of working to guidelines and procedures
- You must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- You should ideally hold a full current driving licence or be able to travel around the force area using alternative transport
You will be working a mix of 5 early (8am to 4pm) and 5 late (12pm to 8pm) shifts every 2 weeks.
You also will be expected to complete periods of on call over weekends and bank holidays. Standby allowance is provided
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Work on a bank or public holiday as part of the normal working week will be compensated in line with conditions of service.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.