IT Business Partner - User Experience
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£42,597 - £45,873
Thank you for your interest in joining Avon and Somerset Police.
Our force relies heavily on technology and data to plan and deliver its services and continue its ambition to be an outstanding force. We are proud of our track record in developing innovative digital solutions and exploiting our investments, but we know we can be better and achieve more.
We are restructuring our Information Technology directorate and have a number of key roles available to help drive our force forward. We are looking for experienced professionals, passionate about what they can do and keen to make a difference in a complex, exciting and uniquely interesting environment.
If you have the experience and skills we are looking for and can work collaboratively and innovatively with colleagues and partners, then we would like to hear from you.
We have a post available for a User Experience – IT Business Partner.
In this role you will act as a subject matter expert in your specialism within the IT Directorate and work in partnership with other senior leaders providing leadership and management, professional and technical expertise and analysis to enable the Constabulary to innovate.
Your role is highly collaborative, looking at the latest trends and technologies whilst being analytical in order ensure interfaces meet the needs of users by working closely with other developers, content designers and user experience colleagues.
You will be responsible for leading the User Experience Team to understand and optimize the citizen and employee experience through the use of digital products and services, process improvement, and regularly testing what is working and what isn’t.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Working in partnership with other senior leaders providing leadership and management, professional and technical expertise and analysis.
- Developing and delivering innovative products and services for communities and colleagues. You will be highly collaborative, looking at the latest trends and technologies whilst being analytical in order ensure interfaces meet the needs of users by working closely with other developers, content designers and user experience colleagues.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in your specialism within the IT Directorate.
- Responsibility for leading the User Experience Team to understand and optimize the citizen and employee experience through the use of digital products and services, process improvement, and regularly testing what is working and what isn’t.
- Playing a key role in the Digital Experience team, across wider IT, and the whole organisation, in delivering outstanding digital capabilities for our communities and our colleagues.
- Leading and providing expertise (including as the Subject Matter Expert) to ensure that the best digital user experience possible to our communities and colleagues is delivered, along with producing associated documentation, reports and technical specifications.
- Responsibility for managing and leading a technical team, motivating and coaching staff to ensure high quality outcomes. You will be organising and delegating workloads to ensure the team work together to deliver excellent technical support across the IT Directorate ensuring the team operates to professional standards of quality and performance in terms of responsiveness and capability. Working with a designated team and across virtual teams as necessary.
- Leading on the understanding of organisational processes and focus on how they can be improved, through understanding human behaviour as well as leveraging digital opportunities.
- Managing the optimisation of colleagues’ digital journeys from their digital on-boarding experience through to the day they leave the organisation across platforms and devices. You will also be providing leadership of our citizen’s digital user experiences across key operational channels for example: the force website and online reporting capabilities.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within own area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation and enable continuous improvement and to enable innovation throughout the organisation.
- Providing focus on delivering value to citizens and colleagues with a culture of continual change, learning and improvement.
- Understanding and contributing to the research, strategy creation and development of new digital capabilities or services to expand digital capabilities across the organisation.
- To help understand and design new capabilities such as the use of AI and Robotics to improve processes and subsequent service delivery.
- Supporting the growth of digital enablement and data literacy across the organisation.
- Maintaining/enhancing working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
- To evaluate, influence and recommend emerging development technology and implement best practice within the development teams, providing leadership on the strategic use of techniques and technology.
- To be technical lead or work within complex and/or major technical projects developing and implementing solutions that are cohesive within the overall design and architecture of the project. Uses a combination of specialist knowledge and interpersonal skills, including consultation and negotiation skills.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Experience of leading on user research, running workshops and interviewing end users.
- Experience of leading a team of specialists including one or more of the following: QA Testers, UI/UX Designers, or User Researchers.
- Excellent skills in process mapping, process improvement and behavioural change.
- Ability to “get into the mind” of users, and an understanding of things like “Jobs to be done theory”.
- Understanding of the importance of product roadmaps and the product life cycle.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across the organisation to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Proven data literacy — The ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to contribute to driving business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists.
- Open to new ways of working.
- Collaboration and communication across multiple people (colleagues, partners, suppliers) and teams.
- Engages with stakeholders to conduct joint working, developing and maintaining relationships to enhance effectiveness.
- Ability to develop good relationships and co-operation within the team and with other colleagues across the directorate and organisation.
- Works effectively as a team member and actively supports and assists colleagues to reach individual, team, directorate and organisations objectives.
What we can offer:-
Our values are key, each and every employee embraces these in everything they do:- CARING. COURAGEOUS. INCLUSIVE. LEARNING.
Our mission is forefront of it all, we are here across the whole of Avon and Somerset to SERVE. PROTECT. RESPECT.
How we reward you is linked to our culture, it’s about more than just salary.
You will have access to free onsite parking, an onsite Gym, a Pension Scheme, a subsidised Canteen and an Onsite COSTA coffee just to name a few. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you're in and the moments that matter.
If you want to go home challenged and satisfied every day or night, working for an organisation that has a clear vision in providing outstanding policing for everyone, you won’t want to miss this opportunity.
To be eligible to apply for these roles you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? - Click on the blue Apply button below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.