Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - £38,923 - £41,653 (including market supplement)
Our Applications Infrastructure team provide technical support for a variety of critical business systems such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune and Configuration Manager), Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Windows 10 and Mobile Device platforms, Public Key Infrastructure and Microsoft 365 Applications and Services.
This role is predominately home working but with the opportunity to meet up with the wider development team a few times per month. We have both a permanent and fixed term contract opportunity available.
Providing comprehensive support to a range of services, including:-
- Maintenance and administration of Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager (Application deployment and troubleshooting, OS build task sequences including drivers and BIOS configuration).
- Administration and support of Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune (Autopilot enrolment / deployment of modern managed windows devices, mobile device enrolment profiles, Intune app deployment).
- Management of the client endpoint and server estate through group policy and Intune configuration profiles/policies
- Ongoing support and maintenance of AD Directory Services including DNS and Public Key Services.
- Management and Configuration of Azure AD and Microsoft 365 Applications and Services to align to national policing standards
- Support and maintenance of on-premises Citrix Application Delivery Controllers
- Provision, development and solutioning
- Installation and configuration
- Input to development of standards
- Service monitoring, asset management, pro-active prevention, and associated maintenance
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Upgrades and Patching
An ability to adapt strong computer literacy to a variety of systems and situations is critical so that you can provide professional and technical expertise to stakeholders across the whole organisation
Skills & experience:
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a similar role with solid Microsoft 365 skills
- A working knowledge of Citrix Application Delivery Controllers would be advantageous
- Strong computer literacy and understanding of technologies to a level deeper than simply the end-user experience
- Experience in relevant technologies (including Windows Servers, end-user devices, Windows system administrative tools and complex line-of-business applications)
- Excellent communication skills with experience of collaborating across multiple people/teams and developing good working relationships
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- Methodical approach to the organisation of workloads
The role-holder will know how to develop good relationships with their team and key stakeholders across the organisation. You will need to be customer focused and passionate about providing a first class service to all parts of the organisation, understanding best practice so that you can provide professional and technical expertise.
We reward our people with an outstanding benefits package, some of these perks include discounts and savings for you and your family on retail, dining out, holidays and theme parks. If you are lucky enough to visit our Head Quarters in Portishead, you’ll have access to a 24 hour gym, on-site Costa Coffee shop and beautiful grounds.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, something different to anything you’ve done before but where you can use your expertise and skills for a different purpose then consider Avon and Somerset Police, the perfect place to continue your career and make a difference
Please note - the base salary for this role is £35,223 - £37,953 plus a market factors supplement of £3,700 per annum (subject to annual review)
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.