Seamstress / Seamster / Tailor
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£21,432 - £22,677
Every employee whether officer or staff plays a vital role in ensuring we’re able to provide outstanding policing for everyone. We care about each other, the public and the service we offer.
Our Uniform Stores Department supplies uniform and Personal Protective Equipment to officers and staff employed by Avon and Somerset Constabulary and a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tailor to become part of our small friendly team.
You will need to have existing experience in tailoring and/or garment technology as you will be will be measuring, fitting and altering uniforms and Personal Protective Equipment that our colleagues and officers wear.
You will use your technical garment knowledge to be able to alter and adjust uniform as required. It would be preferred if you have existing commercial or industrial sewing experience.
As our uniform stores team have to work to a quick turnaround, your fast and efficient working will contribute to getting our officers back on the beat fully kitted out as quickly as possible.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Measuring, fitting and altering uniforms including Personal Protective Equipment
- Issuing uniform and equipment from stock, and maintaining accurate records of issues, receipts and work carried out on the computer system
- Receiving and accounting for items returned to the store, and assisting the Team Leader with the identification of those items to be returned to stock, cleaned or disposed of.
- Participating in stock counts
- Providing advice and information to officers and staff on all tailoring matters
- Visiting other Forcewide sites, as required, and dealing with enquiries, in order to ensure a tailoring service which is responsive to the needs of the force
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:-
- Previous tailoring experience
- A relevant qualification
- Experience of using computer packages (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience of dealing with people over the phone and face to face
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.