Administrative Assistant - South West Regional Organised Crime Unit (SWROCU), Bristol
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£23,100 - £25,353
The South West Regional Organised Crime Unit (SW ROCU) is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is keen to progress their career as part of our Business Team. The successful candidate will join a busy team, providing business administrative, facilities management and operational support to the South West Regional Organised Crime Unit, the regions response to serious and organised crime. The main responsibilities include:
SW ROCU is part of the national ROCU network who work hand in hand with local forces and national partners to target and disrupt criminals posing the greatest risk of Serious and Organised Criminality (SOC). This includes offenders involved in cyber threats, economic crime, drug conspiracies, modern slavery and human trafficking and child sexual abuse and exploitation. SW ROCU seeks to lead and support the region working with the forces and national leads to promote consistency and use of best practice and technology.
- To provide the department with an administrative service including receiving and dealing with telephone and personal enquiries, ensuring that confidential information is not disclosed. To manage stationery levels, post and have daily responsibility for the site petty cash and income in accordance with force procedures.
- To operate SAP and be responsible for raising all SW ROCU purchase orders for authorisation, ensuring goods have been received and chasing deliveries/credits with the relevant company. To maintain up to date knowledge of relevant changes in the system.
- To assist the Business Team in procuring all equipment for SW ROCU, to prepare overtime, expense forms and invoices to external organisations/police forces for authorisation.
- To be responsible for maintaining SW ROCU's fleet; including arranging repair and maintenance, monitoring mileages and booking in vehicles for required services and MOTs.
- To be responsible for the arrangement and booking of resources such as accommodation, training courses and rail travel for SW ROCU staff and updating databases.
- To receive by various means, reports of faults and requests for service on building and engineering equipment. To resolve reported faults by liaising with regional force Estates Team and contractors, taking into consideration security vetting clearance requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft packages such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of updating and maintaining computerised systems
- Experience of collating information
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of providing good customer service
Recruitment and Selection
- Webinar - 16th December @1400 - please email SWROCURecruitment@avonandsomerset.police.uk if you would like to join.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on the 4th January 2023.
How to Apply
All applications are processed through the Avon & Somerset Constabulary online candidate portal.
This advert is for three full-time vacancies - based at either our Northern Hub or Southern Hub plus succession planning pending future vacancies which could be either permanent, fixed term or maternity cover. If successful at interview stage, you will be placed in a holding pool for up to 12 months.
Vetting and safeguarding
This post is a subject to a higher security clearance at MV and SC – Management Vetting and Security Clearance Level.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
In accordance with the National Vetting Policy, the South West Regional Organised Crime Unit are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The South West Regional Organised Crime Unit is working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the ROCU, where communities are currently under-represented including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions, gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve. All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Travel to Work Protocol
This is an incentive whereby staff working for the ROCU may be able to claim compensation for travelling to work if they meet a set criteria.
For more information, please refer to a copy of the protocol attached, should you have any questions please make contact with SWROCUBusinessTeam@avonandsomerset.pnn.police.uk
If you are interested to find our more information about this post, please email us at: SWROCURecruitment@avonandsomerset.police.uk
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.