IT Service Desk Agent
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£28,754 - £31,807 (inc allowances)
We have 2 opportunities to join our IT Service Desk, this is a role where you can develop a broad range of technical skills and play an important part in ensuring our police officers and staff have reliable systems and software.
Previous IT experience is NOT essential, as full training will be provided. We are looking for people with a passion for IT and high-quality customer service
The support we provide includes desktop, mobiles, telephony, radio, servers, networks, body-worn video cameras, wireless environments and the Microsoft product set, and police specific software.
You will be providing technical IT support via the telephone and face to face to police officers and police staff.
We are a 24/7 service, and you will be required to work a variety of shifts that will include nights and weekends. Further details on the required hours are detailed below.
- First point of contact to all end users, providing first-line technical support
- Answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email
- Providing support and troubleshooting issues, minimising the downtime by solving customer problems where possible
- Ensure requests for support are dealt with in a timely manner
Skills & Experience required:
- Competent IT skills and an interest in technology
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Demonstrable problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A good team player and confident in taking ownership of problems
You will work in a friendly, supportive environment and will be given one to one support, mentoring, learning and development via experienced colleagues
At Avon and Somerset Police, we are proud to be able to support flexible working, this role offers a mix of working from home and from our offices at Police & Fire Headquarters, Portishead.
This role requires you to work a 12-week shift rotation which involves the following working pattern:
Weeks 1 - 10
- 2 x earlies 07:00 - 16:00 (work from office)
- 2 x lates 12:00 - 21:00 (work from home)
- 2 x nights 21:00 - 07:00 (work from home)
- 4 x off
Weeks 11 - 12
- Monday - Friday 07.30 - 16.30pm (work from office)
The basic salary for this role is £23,100 - £25,353 plus allowances
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.