Operational Security Officer
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£37,074 - £39,942
Are you looking for a new opportunity, something where you can make a difference in a complex, exciting and uniquely interesting environment?
Avon and Somerset Police could be the perfect place for you.
We have a unique opportunity for an Operational Security Officer to join our Information Assurance team, headed by the Data Protection Officer. The team are responsible for shaping the future compliance of the organisation.
Avon and Somerset Police is one of the largest forces in the UK, with a reputation of being a pioneering and innovative organisation. In this role you will work in collaboration with senior stakeholders and national and regional colleagues to share best practice and ensure continuous improvement across the organisation.
As an Operational Security Officer you will be providing a quality assurance, inspection and review function in respect of physical and personnel security. You will be advising on all aspects of operational security, integrity and ethical conduct, whilst identifying and disseminating best practice to the constabulary.
You will be required to travel to our other sites on occasion.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Responsibility for security advice and guidance on all aspects of operational security including physical, personnel, assets, information handling, communication and operational techniques
- Providing expert advice to senior managers and investigation team leaders across the Constabulary on operational security and risk management and the use of covert law enforcements tactics
- Supporting the Covert Authorities Bureau and Authorising Officer with the Investigatory Powers Commissioner’s Office and ensuring recommendations from statutory compliance inspections and reviews are implemented and reported appropriately
- Supporting operational activity by developing and implementing security risk management procedures and taking appropriate actions to ensure compliance with legislation, policy and best practice
- Responsibility for implementing and managing an organisation-wide reporting system to capture and investigate security breaches and operational security incidents ensuring that learning points are disseminated appropriately
- Providing an effective link with anti-corruption capabilities and vetting to ensure appropriate risk mitigation is in place to counter the risk of corruption and insider threats
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:-
- Relevant work experience working at a senior level within a law enforcement or operational security environment
- Excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Excellent standard of computer literacy
- Experience of providing protective security advice
- Experience of providing high level problem solving and of dealing with issues of operational compromise
- Experience of influencing and persuading stakeholders, demonstrating excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of current legislation, external context and related security trends in social media
What we can offer:-
Our values of Caring, Courageous, Inclusive and Learning are at the heart of everything we do and we are always searching for new ways to help our people perform at their best.
We believe in empowering you to make decisions and we celebrate success.
We reward our people with an outstanding benefits package, some of these perks include; discounts and savings for you and your family on retail, dining out, holidays and theme parks. In our Headquarters in Portishead, you’ll have access to a 24 hour gym, on-site Costa Coffee shop and beautiful grounds.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click on the blue button below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.