Senior Backend Developer
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
Senior Backend Developer - £55,147 - £58,423, remote/hybrid working
We have a vacancy for a Senior Backend Developer/Lead Developer to join our internationally recognised and award-winning Digital Experience Team. This is a complex and fascinating organisation, where no two days are the same!
As the Lead Developer you will manage our team of back-end (primarily .NET) developers and further our work in delivering user-centric digital systems and applications, providing professional and technical expertise in the areas of technical design, coding standards and best practices.
A digital enthusiast, you will be aware of the latest trends and technologies and be able to spot opportunities to enhance our application environments, improve security and future-proof our systems. You will be equally happy getting stuck into the detail of coding, as well as seeing the bigger picture of application development, infrastructure, and cloud tooling.
This opportunity will enable you to use your skills in an environment that you can be proud of - delivering innovative products and services for the officers, staff and communities of Avon and Somerset Police.
You will be part of the Digital and Projects department - a friendly and welcoming group of professionals who exist to innovate and improve the digital experiences of colleagues within Avon and Somerset, as well as the public that we serve. As well as your team of Developers, on a daily basis you will work with Content Designers, M365 Specialists, UX Designers, User Researchers, Automation Specialists and Product Owners to understand user problems and create innovative solutions.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Analysis of complex issues in relation to applications, evaluating, influencing and recommending emerging technologies and tools to drive forward solutions.
- Providing expertise on local and cloud architecture (principally Azure) and the strategic use of techniques and technology.
- Design and development of technical application development, web development and cloud tooling - producing documentation, reports and technical specifications as required.
- Managing and leading a technical team, motivating and coaching staff to ensure high quality outcomes.
We’re looking for a person who can:
- Manage a technical team within an Agile environment – ensuring the team deliver a responsive and high-quality service to the organisation.
- Design and develop solutions that meet latest industry standards and accessibility requirements, with substantial experience of back-end development (.NET ideally) in particular.
- Understand and work with development constructs such as Functional, Objects, and or Procedural.
- Work with databases and integrations such as REST, WebHooks, and SOA etc.
- Demonstrate sound understating of cloud computing.
To apply for this role, please either click 'apply' or email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email
Please note: the basic salary for this role is £42,597 - £45,873, with an additional market supplement payment of £12,550 (subject to annual review)
Backend Developer, Senior backend Developer, Software Developer, Lead Developer, .NET, Microsoft, back-end, back end, software engineer, NET developer
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
This vacancy is closed to applications.