Front End Developer
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£43,098 - £46,674
Front End Developer - £45,245 - £48,659, remote/hybrid working
We have a vacancy for a Front End Developer to join our internationally recognised and award-winning Development Team
You will join a team delivering user-centric digital systems and applications, and your role will encompass all elements of the lifecycle – including the analysis, design and creation of solutions, working within or acting as the technical lead for projects as well as inputting into architecture and strategy discussions.
This opportunity will enable you to use your skills in an environment that you can be proud of, delivering innovative products and services for the officers, staff and communities of Avon and Somerset Police.
We are looking for experienced professionals, passionate about what they can do and keen to make a difference in a complex, exciting and uniquely interesting environment.
If you have the experience and skills we are looking for and can work collaboratively and innovatively with colleagues and partners, then we would like to hear from you.
You will be part of the Digital and Projects department - a friendly and welcoming group of professionals who exist to innovate and improve the digital experiences of colleagues within Avon and Somerset, as well as the public that we serve. On a daily basis, you will work with other Developers, Content Designers, M365 Specialists, UX Designers, User Researchers, Automation Specialists and Product Owners to understand user problems and create innovative solutions.
We are based at the beautiful Police and Fire Headquarters in Portishead, with free parking and range of on-site facilities, including a gym and coffee shop. We work very flexibly however, and the role can largely be performed from home (some travel within the force area may be required to meet with colleagues when needed).
Some of the key responsibilities (see role profile for full details):
- To work on the design, coding and styling of the front-end of our websites, microsites and other services as required.
- To work closely with the user experience team, in understanding aspects of a user’s journey, and using this to design the force’s digital channels.
- To ensure security measures are designed into existing and new interfaces, ensuring integrity of the system.
- To maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology, tools and industry best practice.
We’re looking for a person who can:
- Design and develop websites that meet latest industry standards and accessibility requirements
- Build on top of a Content Management System, such as WordPress and building Single Page Applications (SPA) from scratch.
- Use prototypes and wireframes to build and test new designs
- Research and resolve technical issues in a timely manner and provide recommendations and develop action plans to deliver effective and efficient resolutions.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively within an Agile environment – playing your part in helping to deliver a responsive and high-quality service to the organisation.
- Operate well as part of a multi-disciplinary team - recognising the different roles within a typical agile team, and their role in delivering the solution.
This is a complex and fascinating organisation, where no two days are the same – so if that sounds like the sort of environment you can thrive, then we’d love to hear from you!
The basic salary for this role is £39,183 - £42,597, with an additional market supplement payment of £6,062 (subject to annual review)
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.