IT Engineer - Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£31,434 - £33,348
IT Engineer - Robotic Process Automation (remote/hybrid working)
We are looking for a Junior Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Engineer to work alongside an experience team of digital professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a supportive and unique environment
Robotic process automation (RPA), also known as software robotics, uses automation technologies to mimic back-office tasks of human workers, such as extracting data, filling in forms, moving files, etc.
We are offering an excellent introduction to Robotic Process Automation and a training programme with ongoing development and support. Experience with RPA is not required as training will be provided.
In this role you will be using your good organisational and time management skills in scheduling, resolving issues and delivering small change requests to automations.
Your solid analytical and trouble shooting skills will help you deliver your core duties that include responding to fault reports, change requests and completing planned project work through the full lifecycle of design, build, test and implementation.
You will be customer focused and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be interacting with a variety of personnel at various levels both within and external to the organisation.
- Design, build and maintain our RPA solutions
- Support and maintenance of the RPA application platform and server/ infrastructure
- Take ownership and proactively drive operational issues through to resolution
- Build strong relationships with IT stakeholders and ensure scheduled system updates and upgrades are known
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Hold a relevant qualification in either Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Applied-Science or similar (a degree is not required)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - including good verbal and written communications.
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills
- Logical thinking and methodical approach to finding solutions to complex problems
- Have a thorough understanding and daily usage of ICT systems, word processing and spreadsheet packages and databases.
- Experience of automation technologies such as ERP scripting, Macros and RPA tools (Blueprism) and similar is beneficial but not essential
Our IT department is based at Police and Fire Headquarters in Portishead, with free parking and an excellent range of on-site facilities, however, we proudly support flexible working and offer a blend of in-office and remote working for this role.
If you are looking for a role where you can further develop your digital skills, then this could be the role for you
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.