This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£24,576 - £26,565
Directorate Assistant to Assistant Chief Constable (ACC)
Are you looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same and where you can make a real difference?
Are you an organised, reliable and proactive person looking to contribute towards the Force’s vision to provide outstanding policing for everyone? Do you uphold the Force’s values to be caring, courageous, inclusive and encourage learning?
If so, we are looking for a Directorate Assistant to the Assistant Chief Constable who will provide an efficient, confidential service to Senior Leaders in the Constabulary.
Your role will include:
- Managing your Senior Leader’s emails and diary
- Planning and organising meetings
- Taking minutes and actions
- Preparing communication / correspondence / briefing documents
- Managing Personal Assistants within the Directorate if required
What we can offer you:
A package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits to support whatever stage of life you're in. This includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Continuous professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance scheme offering help through counselling services, legal advice, fitness advice, personal coaching and health assessment
- Staff discount scheme for savings on shopping, days out, sporting events, holidays
What do you need?
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous personal assistance or secretarial experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of arranging and preparing meetings
- Ideally have experience of managing a small team
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would like to hear from you.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.