Superintendent Promotion Process 2022
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£72,075 - £84,783
We are keen to promote talented Chief Inspectors from diverse backgrounds to the rank of Superintendent, to deliver our service to the public, to lead our people and to meet the challenges we face.
Applications are invited from substantive Chief Inspectors.
Please note that applicants will be measured across the competencies and values set out in the Competency Value Framework throughout the promotion process.
Before beginning your application via the eRecruitment system, please ensure you have read all guidance associated with this process (copies of which are attached to the advert); Candidate Guidance Notes, Promotion Process Flowchart, Competency and Values Framework for Policing and Work-based Assessment Criteria.
- To apply for this vacancy, applicants should click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the advert and follow the instructions on screen
- Completed applications must be received by noon on 30th October 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Line Managers will be sent a link to complete the Line Manager Assessment form (if they have not received this link within 24 hours of the applicant submitting their application, please email #Police Promotions / email@example.com)
- Applications will be reviewed by Directorate Leadership Teams and validated by a Central Validation Panel to determine who will proceed to assessment, applicants will be advised of the outcome on 23rd November 2022 at Noon.
- Assessments will be held from week commencing 30th November 2022 onwards and will be held in person, The assessment will include a presentation which you will be advised off ahead of the interview.
- Interview results will be published on 14th December 2022 at Noon.
- An appropriate level of feedback will be provided at each stage of the process, taking into account the volume of applications.
In all cases the Chief Constable reserves the right to appoint an individual to any police officer post taking into account welfare issues, succession planning, redeployments and development needs.
Successful applicants working flexible or part-time hours may have to re-negotiate their flexible working agreement with their new manager in accordance with Police Regulations and Force Policy.
Every effort should also be made to reduce TOIL accrued in excess of 50 hours before commencing new role.
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality and diversity and particularly welcome applications from people from minority and underrepresented groups. All applications will be treated on merit.
If you are from an underrepresented group and would like support with the process, please email Representativeworkforce@avonandsomerset.police.uk
Please indicate on your application form if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the promotion process.
Contact PolicePromotions@avonandsomerset.police.uk prior to the closing date if you require any assistance with your application form e.g. larger format.
If you have any queries regarding the process, contact PolicePromotions@avonandsomerset.police.uk.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.