Assistant Chief Constable – Performance, Planning and Improvement
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
Avon and Somerset Police (ASP) are looking for an ACC who shares our force values and ambition for outstanding policing for all our communities.
We are recognised nationally for our progressive approach and this ACC portfolio is critical in translating our vision into reality, through driving our performance and change programmes.
This ACC, supported by our Performance and Insights function, will be responsible for a systems thinking approach managing a cross cutting review of our performance from end to end i.e. From point of reporting, to recording, conversion to crime, attendance, investigation, perpetrator focus and where applicable, court outcome.
Performance is not just about the process, the ACC will be responsible for our newly created Director of Communications. They will have oversight of how our internal /external engagement and communications are supporting the performance and culture we are aiming for in order to protect and support increased police confidence and legitimacy across our diverse communities.
The ACC will take on the Strategic Leadership of two critical areas of work where we wish to see accelerated and significant progress towards our ambition to become the most inclusive police service in the UK. These portfolios are:
- Violence Against Women and Girls
- Race and Disproportionality.
The post holder will be a strong influencer, with proven skills in building trusted relationships across diverse stakeholders internally and externally. They will have experience of managing across varied collaborations, partnerships and in an environment of complex interdependencies to jointly problem solve and navigate through difference to a shared outcome that better serves the public we serve.
- To work closely with the Chief Office Finance and Business Services and Chief Officer People and Organisational Development to shape the Strategic Planning Cycle.
- To review performance in a cross cutting approach from end to end seeking opportunities for evaluation and improvement with a focus on our priorities including Creating Capacity.
- Chief Officer Group lead for ASP response for Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Chief Officer Group lead for ASP response for Race and Disproportionality.
- Chairing Gold Groups and sharing the Gold On call requirements/rota
- Ensure rigour and discipline of approach to change consultation, good stakeholder management and engagement
- Management, review, implementation and improvement of ASP Governance processes
- Promoting an evidence based policing and data driven approach.
- Responsibility for the management of assurance associated with audit and compliance such as HMICFRS inspections including provision of a ‘check and test’ to support achieving results that we need
Chief Supt Chief Of Staff responsible for:
- Change and Performance - Portfolio Management Office and Performance and Insights function.
- Staff Office – creating a high performing team who support the strategic advancement and smooth operation of the force by enabling the release of capacity and potential of the Executive Team.
Director of Communications responsible for:
- Corporate Communications function currently going through a change programme with a business case
- Strategic and tactical approach to corporate communications, tactical media handling and public affairs functions. Mobilising the workforce to align with and support the organisation’s vision and objectives. Exploitation of new, innovative and cutting-edge opportunities across all channels to build public confidence and satisfaction in a rapidly changing communications and engagement environment. Provision of strategic advice and crisis communications leadership within the Constabulary and across LRF multi-agency partners in the event of a major incident.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced senior police officers for the post of Assistant Chief Constable.
Applicants must have passed the Senior Police National Assessment Centre and successfully completed the Strategic Command Course.
Subject to regulations. £105,600 - £119,220
Closing date for applications
Applications must be fully submitted by 12noon 16th August 2022
Shortlisting will take place on 17th August 2022 and the selection process will take place on the 23rd September 2022.
In the run up to the assessment day candidates are welcome to visit the force and to see for themselves the great work and progressive developments here.
For more information please contact
Louise Hutchison, Director of People and Organisational Development on 07802 874709.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.