101 Switchboard Operator
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£23,121 - £24,462
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to help make a difference?
We are looking for 101 operators, to work within our Communications Centre in Portishead. You will be the first point of contact to members of the public on our non-emergency switchboard.
Working in a busy and dynamic environment, alongside emergency Call Handlers and Dispatchers. We need customer service orientated operators to answer our non-emergency calls, make a decision about how each call needs to be dealt with and then either transfer the call to a Call Handler or internal department, provide advice or signpost to another agency where appropriate.
You will play a pivotal role in delivering excellent customer service to members of the public who are contacting us for help/advice.
We are initially looking for four candidates and also recruiting to a bank for when further vacancies become available over the next 12 months. Vacancy details are as follows:
2x Full Time: Mon - Fri working only, 37 hours per week
2x Part Time: Sat & Sun working only, 14.80 hours per week
Rolling shift pattern for all vacancies:
Week One: 08:00-16:00
Week Two: 14:00-22:00
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- To receive and resolve where appropriate, non-emergency telephone calls at the first point of contact for Avon and Somerset Constabulary Force area.
- To utilise Force systems to provide or pass on information accurately and efficiently, in accordance with guidelines.
- To proactively support the One-Team approach by delivering excellent customer contact at the First Point of Contract.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of working in a customer services environment & be able to communicate effectively (both in writing & over the phone)
- You must be computer literate including knowledge of Windows based packages
if you are successful following assessment and interview, you will be required to attend a weeks training course, Monday - Friday, prior to starting the role.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Work on a bank or public holiday as part of the normal working week will be compensated in line with conditions of service.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.