Police Officer Re-joiner Investigations
This vacancy has now closed to new applicants, if you like to be kept informed of other opportunities we have then why not register for our Talent Banks:
£25,556 - £43,032
You can apply to re-join at any time. There is no need to wait until there is an active recruitment campaign. You will apply to return to either Patrol or Investigations.
There is no time limit as to when you can return and you may apply to return at a different rank to the one which you left at.
To re-join as a police officer, you must:
- have worked for Avon and Somerset Police or another police force as a Police Officer
- have previously completed your probationary period
- live within the boundaries of the Avon and Somerset policing area by the time you begin the process of returning to service with us
- You must complete the application in full via our applicant portal below.
- If you did not serve with Avon and Somerset Police then you will be required to upload the following: Copies of your last PDRs (personal development records), a print out of your sickness record covering at least the last 2 years of service from your Force HR records – please note that your full sickness record will be assessed as part of the selection process, and print outs of your complaints and misconduct record and any awards and commendations from your personnel record.
- Once we have received your application form, we will consider current and anticipated vacancies, and contact you to advise on recruitment timelines.
- An interview will be arranged with a representative from either Patrol or Investigations along with a representative from HR. Your reason for leaving and returning will be discussed.
- Throughout the process we will assess your suitability to join through the re-joiner route and where a training needs analysis highlights further development prior to re-joining, you will be invited to apply via one of our initial learning programmes.
- A Fitness test, medical review, and biometrics testing will be conducted along with Professional Standards checks and security vetting. We will also request references including a HR reference from your previous Force.
- On successful completion of the recruitment checks we will look to place you on the next available re-joiner course. Please be advised that the process from applying to start date can take approximately 6 months.
Diversity is a strength and individuality is an asset.
We recognise the benefit different life experience and perspectives can bring.
We are on a journey to become the most inclusive police force in the country.
Click the video link below to see why our colleagues feel they can "Be the Difference"
Important information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained
- Tattoos - you will also be requested to provide photos and describe of any visible tattoos you have
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
Important information before you commence an application- for ALL applicants
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes.
Please ensure you allow time to complete your application fully as part complete pages do not save.
If the role has evidence questions you may wish to save these remotely and paste your answers into the boxes at time of submission.
This vacancy is closed to applications.